[flang-dev] [EXTERNAL] Moving F18 closer to LLVM

McCormick, Pat via flang-dev flang-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 15 07:06:59 PST 2020

On Jan 15, 2020, at 6:15 AM, David Truby via flang-dev <flang-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Anyone that has been following the upstreaming discussion on llvm-dev will know that F18 has been under some (fair)
> scrutiny with regards to its integration with LLVM and lack of use of LLVM data structures.
> Richard Barton has asked me to look at this so I’ve made a cursory list of things that we should consider changing to
> bring us closer to the rest of the LLVM project. If anyone has any additional suggestions please let me know.
>
> If anyone wants to discuss any of these separately in more detail, feel free to start a new thread for discussion.
>
> CMake Integration
> - I believe this is already done by Eric from PGI, and is on github in his FIR pull request.
>  Can this be split off and merged separately to speed things up?

The CMake content in Eric’s PR is based on an early version that I wrote many months ago.  I’m currently working on taking those components out of his request, reviewing it, I’m already addressing some minor details, cleaning up the organization a bit, double checking details relative to the broader practices across the community (e.g. Clang’s CMake config) and then I’ll finally do some initial testing (“in mono-repo” and “out of mono-repo” across a few platforms).

Once things seem OK I will re-issue just the CMake portion as a new pull request.

—Pat