[Docs] Inquiring as a Technical Writer about Google Season of Docs

Satyendra Banjare via Docs docs at lists.llvm.org
Sat May 18 22:41:11 PDT 2019

Hello LLVM,

I am Satyendra Kumar Banjare, Prefinal year undergraduate student at IIT
Roorkee, India. I always wanted to work on LLVM and thus have developed a
simple C compiler using it. I previously worked as a student developer with
the organization *Lablua* under* Google Summer of Code program* developing
*Luagit2* and documenting the project extensively. It has now about 15k
lines of documentation.

Google Season of Docs is one good opportunity that will help me learn
better and explore more about the LLVM. I find the project " Revise LLVM
Getting Started Guide " as the most important documentation piece to work
on. Being a naive in using LLVM and clang tools, I can clearly say the
documentation is not so very welcoming for students directly jumping on to
use LLVM.

Concerning this documentation project, I have read few other documents
attached with the project description and I agree with them. In this
document
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Prx1PLLU7VB0w2gBsAv0uB5MwX2Z7g9UIMTIUKZumcg/edit
, there is mentioned a question about conducting survey in current
community. I wanted to ask if it is done ?

If the survey is not done, can we start doing it before the proposal
submission can start. so that I can develop a better proposal.

Also is there any other group specifically for the season of docs ?

Regards
Satyendra Kumar Banjare

[image: Mailtrack]
Sender