[clangd-dev] Newcomer trying to contribute

Nathan Ridge via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 30 10:58:43 PDT 2019

Hi Avishay,

Thanks for your interesting in contributing to clangd! Yes, this mailing list is a fine place to ask questions of this sort.

> the feature I miss the most is the macro referencing

I would find this useful as well.

> I glanced a over the source code and I think I can write the feature and
> submit it for review, but I am unsure about the overall procedure.
> Where do I submit it to? Who looks over it and who accepts it?

The procedures followed for clangd are largely the same as those for the larger LLVM community, which are documented here [1]. One thing that's a bit different is clangd has its own issue tracker on Github [2].

Patches are submitted to LLVM's Phabricator instance [3]. In terms of who to ask for review, you can look at who has reviewed other recent changes to the files you're touching. However, you can also submit a patch without explicitly setting reviewers. I think the clangd team monitors and will notice all review requests with "[clangd]" in the commit message.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask more questions if you have them!

Regards,
Nate

[1] http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html
[2] https://github.com/clangd/clangd/issues/