[clangd-dev] Bug tracking: bugzilla, github, ???

Sam McCall via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 23 08:52:06 PST 2018

Yeah, sorry for the lack of update here. There was some discussion on
llvm-dev, and also had some offline with various people.

The short version is I think:
 - we should move. Experience of *san folks reinforce this (their tracker
lives at https://github.com/google/sanitizers for historical reasons)
 - "llvm monorepo" isn't the right scope for a github bugtracker, so
waiting for the source to move may not buy us much
 - the repo should be github.com/llvm/clangd, which means getting Chandler
on board
 - github is a much better docs platform too, based on experiments (
https://sam-mccall.github.io/clangd/)
I haven't managed to talk with Chandler in person yet (difficult time of
year).

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 5:24 PM Simon Marchi <simon.marchi at polymtl.ca>
wrote:

> [...]
> Do we use Bugzilla for now, and move to Github once the code moves
> there?

Yes to bugzilla for now. I think we can move independently before the code
does though.

Cheers, Sam