[cfe-users] Thread Safety Analysis Annotations

JVApen via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 8 05:06:56 PST 2017

Hi all,

I know already about the Tread Safety Analysis annotations (see
http://clang.llvm.org/docs/ThreadSafetyAnalysis.html).
I love the idea and would like to use it one day in real production code.

However, right now, it seems you should always use macros for indicating
this code. These macros however refer to the gcc/clang specific
__attribute__() syntax.
Though, I've just seen the presentation from chandler of code::dive, where
he uses *int [[ts::guarded_by(mutex)]] i1;*

Is there any documentation on these c++14 attributes and how they should be
used?
It would be nice if we could already use them as a kind of documentation in
a way we could activate this tool afterward.

JVApen