[cfe-users] libclang.so.3.9 quite large(124 MB) in CentOS 6.5 after compiling from source in release

Abhijit Nandy via cfe-users cfe-users at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 1 00:22:10 PST 2017

Hi,

I have downloaded and compiled libclang following this link on CentOS 6.5:
https://www.vultr.com/docs/how-to-install-llvm-and-clang-on-centos-6

I did just till make as I only need libclang.so and not the clang compiler
installed.
libclang.so.3.9 is about 124MB after the compilation.

I strip-ed libclang.so.3.9 down to 80MB but its not yet in the same size
range as in Windows (39MB)

I mainly use Clang-c to create an index and search for some macros and
functions.
How can I reduce the Linux build to comparable size? Is there any cmake
file I can edit to remove libraries while leaving the basic parsing
functionality intact?

Thanks
Abhijit