[cfe-dev] [clang] Is it possible to query enabled compiler warnings?

Carlos Galvez via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 30 05:23:18 PST 2021

Hi!

I'm not sure this is the right mail list, so apologies in advance if I got
it wrong.

I wanted to ask: is it possible in clang to query the list of enabled
compiler warnings? In GCC one can do:

gcc -Q -Wall --help=warnings | grep enabled

We want to programatically find out what warnings are included in what
warning groups (e.g. -Wall, -Wextra). Finding this out from the docs is
tedious, since the warnings aren't listed in plain form - one needs to
click through the different warning sub-groups. Ideally we don't want to
parse the clang source code either.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Carlos