[cfe-dev] Does "ninja check-clang-tools" get run by any buildbots

MyDeveloper Day via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 6 03:28:13 PDT 2021

Thank you for the in depth response, you forced me to look deeper at my own
mess!

It turned out the test failures was due to a ".clang-format" file which it
didn't understand C++ (i.e. it didn't have a C++ entry,  only a C# and Json
entry, stuff I work on)

because I'm building my build/tests out-of-tree, the tests are looking up
the tree for a .clang-format file and found it at a higher level, which
happened to be a couple of levels up from the "build" directory i was using

I'd failed to notice the following error among all the failures

> Configuration file(s) do(es) not support C++: C:\projects\.clang-format

I half wonder if there should have been a default .clang-format/.clang-tidy
file somewhere in the tree or be preconfigured to use LLVM style, so that
it doesn't search up and pick an out of tree .clang-format file.

This is the kind of thing that could easily confuse people just starting
out, well it caught me out anyway!

Many thanks for your excellent help.

MyDeveloperDay