[cfe-dev] [RFC] Adding support for clang-format making further code modifying changes

MyDeveloper Day via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 10 13:53:42 PDT 2021

Thank you so much for  taking the time to read, let alone comment on the
RFC, obviously knowing your opinion is important.

I'm very much encouraging that any such features that change the code would
be "off-by-default", I also think that getting these features out there
will hopefully help to improve them further.

I'm not an east const person, but I have converted large parts of LLVM to
be east const to test this without any issues, but I've also used it to
identify places in LLVM that are NOT west const,

I feel many projects could use these kinds of capabilities. (I know mine
can, I really don't want to have to persuade every new developer who joins
that their style is not our style), in my view this really matches with
clang-format ethos of ending "whitespace" wars!

Thanks again for your input.

MyDeveloperDay