[cfe-dev] How long does it usually take for a patch to be reviewed?

Johannes Doerfert via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Sep 27 23:54:26 PDT 2020

FTR, the patch is https://reviews.llvm.org/D87962 titled:

  [clang] Change the multi-character character constants from extension
to implementation-defined.

As Artem said the issue here is probably that a single reviewer is not
enough and patches can slip through the cracks.
More reviewers, and pings (which generate emails on the appropriate
list) can help. To find reviewers it's often good to
blame the lines you modified or lines around it. Unfortunately, the main
changes in the lexer were last touched a decade
ago by Chris, unclear if that is of much help. Eli added the lines in
p1.cpp also a decade ago, Jordan Rose the FixIt lines.