[cfe-dev] RFC: Easier AST Matching by Default

Sam McCall via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 27 07:31:17 PDT 2020

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 4:15 PM Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed 27 May 2020, 13:38 Stephen Kelly, <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I will be away now for a few hours. I'll look more into the bug
>> discovered via the transform library when I return.
>>

> I also want to say that I'm fine with reverting this latch temporarily to
> make time for adjustment to be made in your codebase.
>
> I have a follow up patch ready to commit after the change of default, but
> I deliberately didn't commit it yet because I expected there might be an
> issue like this - motivated externally and which I couldn't predict -
> requiring the change of default to be temporarily reverted.

That's much appreciated (I was concerned we might need to revert ASAP if at
all, because of dependent changes).
Looks like there's no need on Google's account (not sure if other orgs are
struggling with this) - we've managed to pull in the change.
(There's still a chance we find out there's some other surprising breakage,
but looks good so far)

> I knew that the RFC and email thread inevitably wouldn't get some of the
> needed attention until the change drew attention to itself :).

Haha, no kidding. Sorry about that...