[cfe-dev] RFC: Easier AST Matching by Default

Stephen Kelly via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 27 05:38:07 PDT 2020

On 27/05/2020 11:42, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I have a proof of concept patch which adds a virtual method to
> ClangTidyCheck which returns an overriding optional<TraversalKind> to
> use for the check. If you reimplement that method in your downstream
> checks to return AsIs then you don't have to change individual
> matchers yet.
>
> What do you think?
>
> I have the patch on a computer I will have access to in about 2 hours.

I have uploaded that patch here: https://reviews.llvm.org/D80623

It is WIP as it does not include a test. Let me know if you think that
is an interesting direction and we can finish the patch.

> Sorry for the disruption. At least the issue is getting visibility
> here and feedback already indicates that the release notes could be
> more informative.

I have added a detailed porting guide to the release notes. Hopefully by
the time anyone reads this email they will be updated here:

  https://clang.llvm.org/docs/ReleaseNotes.html#ast-matchers

I will be away now for a few hours. I'll look more into the bug
discovered via the transform library when I return.

Thanks,

Stephen.