[cfe-dev] Updating googletest to v1.10.0

Balázs Benics via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 24 02:17:14 PDT 2020

Hi all,

On a Phabricator review (https://reviews.llvm.org/D78704) the `GTEST_SKIP`
was
mentioned as a way to express requirements for a test. In that patch, I
wanted
to skip the test if clang was not built with Z3.

I think this `GTEST_SKIP` macro express the intention much better than the
following code that I saw throughout the codebase:

```
#define CHECK_UNSUPPORTED() \
  do { \
    if (isUnsupportedOSOrEnvironment()) \
      return; \
  } while (0);
```

There are several places where we might benefit from the `GTEST_SKIP` macro:
- llvm/unittests/ExecutionEngine/MCJIT/MCJITTestAPICommon.h:29
<https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/master/llvm/unittests/ExecutionEngine/MCJIT/MCJITTestAPICommon.h#L29-L33>
- llvm/unittests/Support/ThreadPool.cpp:81
<https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/master/llvm/unittests/Support/ThreadPool.cpp#L81-L85>
- llvm/unittests/Support/MemoryTest.cpp:89
<https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/master/llvm/unittests/Support/MemoryTest.cpp#L89-L94>

It is possible that the upgrade would introduce other benefits as well -
which
I'm not aware of.

Should we upgrade googletest to version 1.10.0?

/CC Chandler

Balazs.