[cfe-dev] [Openmp-dev] Discussion about OpenMP 5.0 declare mapper runtime interface

Narayanaswamy, Ravi via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 1 13:41:19 PDT 2019

Everytime we want to pass something new to the libomptarget runtime we would need to add a new interface.  Why not pass a pointer to a structure, 1st field says how many valid fields this structure contains and populate the fields with info or null.
Run time can check if the field is null or not and take appropriate action.

Struct {
    Int Num_fields 2
    Int * mapper;
    Int * nowait_object
 }

To support async (aka nowait)  we need an object to call back to the libomp library.  This object can be passed in this struct.