[cfe-dev] [RFC] Add SYCL programming model support.

David Airlie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 28 21:44:47 PST 2019

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 6:11 AM Bader, Alexey via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> A short update: we uploaded SYCL compiler and runtime sources to the GitHub https://github.com/intel/llvm/tree/sycl.
>

> Thanks to all who provided feedback and expressed interest in this project (mostly off the clang mailing list).
>
> If there are no objections, we are going to start sending patches for review in a week or two.

Hi Alexey,

I've just started looking over this, and first of all great work! I'm
not directly the best person yet to review all of this, but I'm
starting to look over it and one thing stood out:

There seems to be some interaction or reliance on old address space behaviour,

I don't think (maybe I'm wrong) that upstream will want to accept:
[SYCL] Revert "[OpenCL] Enable address spaces for references in C++"
or at least the OpenCL C++ people need to be talked to.

Is there some more work that could be done in these to avoid the revert?
[SYCL] Implement SYCL address-space rules.
- do we have to use separate sycl address spaces as at all here btw?
or are the opencl ones defined already not sufficient?
[SYCL] Add SYCL-specific address spaces fixer pass.

Dave.