[cfe-dev] RFC: Pumping Clang-Tidy warnings through the Static Analyzer's BugReporter.

Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 14 09:20:38 PDT 2019

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:24 AM Dmitri Gribenko via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I would like to suggest something different: move Clang Static
> Analyzer to clang-tools-extra. Build it either as a separate binary or
> compile it into the clang-tidy binary. Then let `clang -analyze`
> delegate to that binary for backwards compatibility.

Speaking as an outsider in the peanut gallery who does very little static
analysis, this is very appealing to me. It would save binary size in clang
and make building and testing clang faster, if the developer isn't working
in the static analyzer space.