[cfe-dev] [analyzer] The use of tblgen in the analyzer

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 19 14:59:23 PDT 2018

Argyrios, thanks for the archeological insight! I wouldn't have guessed :)

Hmm, what if we make analyzer options verified by default, but have such
verification disabled by a flag (eg.
`-analyzer-config-compatibility-mode`) that's enabled by default *by*
the Clang Driver?

Analyzer GUIs/wrappers usually work through the Driver by appending
`--analyze` to the build command. It might look like scan-build is an
exception as it runs `clang -cc1` directly, but before that it anyway
dumps the default driver flags by running appending `--analyze -###` to
the (modified) build command. So this might be both safe for
backward/forward compatibility purposes *and* helpful for developers.