[cfe-dev] speed up debugging a static analysis checker?

Lou Wynn via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 3 14:13:02 PDT 2018

On 10/03/2018 11:49 AM, George Karpenkov wrote:
> That’s weird.
> It takes about 1-2 seconds for me.
Wow, this is awesome! What's your machine's configuration and system?

>> (lldb) b SimpleStreamChecker.cpp:132
>> Breakpoint 1: no locations (pending).
>> WARNING:  Unable to resolve breakpoint to any actual locations.
>>

> This is also weird. If lldb replies with “Unable to resolve
> breakpoint”, it means that, well, it could not resolve the breakpoint.
> And yet it does stop at a breakpoint (much) later on.
My build uses dynamically linked libraries, and the symbol is not
available when the related library isn't loaded.

When I use the default build which uses statically linked libraries, it
becomes much slower, with a huge clang program that is 1.5G without a
machine target.