[cfe-dev] [analyzer] Emit errors from StaticAnalyzer

Gábor Horváth via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 11 13:51:17 PDT 2018

Hi George!

George Karpenkov via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> ezt írta (időpont:
2018. máj. 11., P 22:37):

> Hi Alexey,
>
> Could you give some examples of diagnostics you have implemented?
>
> In general, clang static analyzer emits warnings as it is allowed to have
> false positives by design.
> I think your workflow can be achieved without any changes required though:
> if you know that checker X
> will not have false positive, you can just configure your build system to
> fail the build if the static analyzer
> finds any bugs with only your checker turned on.

Unfortunately, it is not that easy. Running the analyzer without the core
checks is not supported and likely to cause crashes. Core checks, however,
might give false positives. To support this scenario, we should be able to
turn diagnostics off from core checks (but keep the modeling part).

Regards,
Gábor