[cfe-dev] [clangd] Newcomers guide

Balogh Tamas via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 30 13:28:21 PDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I try to explore clangd, especially clangd - jump to definition but I am bit stuck. I don’t know how to start it.

As far as I know for this feature I need to start clangd with a special ‘index.yml’ file, how can I generate it?

When clangd is running can I change this yml file? Can clangd dynamically reload it?

In default how can I send a request to it?

These are basic questions I know but I didn’t find a detailed documentation for newcomers, so I am really appreciate for any comment. :)

Thank you!

Best regards,
Tamas