[cfe-dev] [libc++] Better implementations of filesystem::copy_file

Tim Northover via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 19 05:20:57 PDT 2018

Hi Eric,

On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 at 09:08, Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> So I proffer the question to the brilliant LLVM community  What's the best way to optimize copying a file? Platform specific suggestions are more than welcomed.

It looks like macOS's "cp" utility uses the "copyfile" function, and
there's an "fcopyfile" variant that works on file descriptors. On the
"you had one job" principle I'd hope that was a good way to do it on
macOS, but I'm not really an expert.

Cheers.

Tim.