[cfe-dev] [libc++] Better implementations of filesystem::copy_file

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 19 01:07:52 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to put the finishing touches on Libc++'s filesystem
implementation. One such point of polish is copy_file. The current
implementation is as naive as possible. I would like to optimize it.

Under Linux, we should have `sendfile` available. On BSD systems sendfile
seems to be something entirely different.

So I proffer the question to the brilliant LLVM community  What's the best
way to optimize copying a file? Platform specific suggestions are more than
welcomed.

/Eric