[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: Supported Optimizations attribute

Piotr Padlewski via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 5 02:31:01 PST 2018

An additional bit to the discussion: I think that *"null-pointer-is-valid"*
attribute should also be handled in a similar manner - if one function calls
another one marked with *"null-pointer-is-valid"*, then after inlining the
function should also be marked with* "null-pointer-is-valid"*.
I assume this attribute was added to handle kernel or embedded code
correctly and probably there was no use case to do LTO between
modules with and without this attribute (yet).
This, unfortunately, can't be solved with our *supported_optimizations*
attribute, as null pointer dereference is considered to be UB by default.
We would need something like *"unsupported_optimizations"*, but I think
this shows that this is not the last time when a similar problem will arise.

śr., 5 gru 2018 o 09:57 Piotr Padlewski <piotr.padlewski at gmail.com>