[cfe-dev] [UBSan] Is static linking supported?

Vedant Kumar via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 23 10:38:10 PDT 2018

On some platforms it's possible to statically link against the ASan/UBSan runtimes using the undocumented -static-libsan option. The default behavior on Darwin, Android, and Fuchsia is to link against a DSO.

> On Aug 23, 2018, at 8:57 AM, Troy Johnson via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> The address sanitizer is documented as not supported with static linking, but UBSan does not include the same disclaimer.  UBSan does not work for me with statically-linked executables.  Instead, the executables segfault immediately when attempting to install signal handlers.  Is this expected?

No, that's not expected :). Could you share the options you used to compile and link it, and the backtrace you get?

vedant