[cfe-dev] Tidy vs Warnings: missing override

Matthieu Brucher via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 13 00:00:28 PDT 2018

I think that the override is not an after-the-bug tool, but really a
proactive checker. It doesn't tell you of a bug, it prevents you for
introducing one.
On an old code base, that's where I find it the most helpful, when you have
to work on it. Without the override, you don't have the certainty of
properly updating the APIs (old code base also often miss proper test
coverage). With override, before your code changes, you can ensure that you
are refactoring the full API.

Cheers,

Matthieu