[cfe-dev] Tidy vs Warnings: missing override

David Blaikie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Aug 12 17:59:23 PDT 2018

When I say a "false positive" in this context it's not a case where a
warning would suggest override where it would be invalid/incorrect to put
ovterride - but that it would suggest the 'override' keyword when it would
be benign/when it isn't telling the user there's a bug/mistake here.

On an old codebase, likely /many/ more missing overrides are there because
there was no override keyword when the code was written - most of those
missing overrides aren't buggy code. So this warning would cause a lot of
cleanup for relatively little bug finding.

- Dave