[cfe-dev] Dependencies between tools

Ilya Biryukov via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 19 03:05:02 PDT 2018

Hi Chris,

Before getting into low-level details, could you elaborate on design you're
planning for this?
We had plans to integrate clang-tidy before, but it's not as simple as
running clang-tidy before reporting diagnostics.

Since clang-tidy diagnostics are slow, we want to make sure they don't hurt
user-experience of other features.
I.e. go-to-definition, compiler diags and code completion should not be
blocked or get slower after we add clang-tidy.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 9:20 AM Chris Gray via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi, I'm looking into integrating clang-tidy's diagnostics into clangd, but
> I'm running into problems because clang-tidy's headers seem effectively
> private from clangd's point of view.  (I can include
> "../clang-tidy/ClangTidy.h", but that seems like a pretty bad hack).  Is
> there a way that the libraries in tools/extra can export public headers so
> that other tools can use them?  Or should we be putting the functionality
> that we want to share in a library in clang proper?

Regards,
Ilya Biryukov