[cfe-dev] FYI, I just posted an RFC on llvm-dev about moving to the new pass manager by default

Chandler Carruth via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 17 23:53:15 PDT 2017

This switch would actually happen in Clang, although most of the impact is
on LLVM itself (hence the llvm-dev posting). But I wanted to mention it to
the Clang developers so folks are aware and encourage anyone with concerns
to join that discussion:
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-October/118280.html

(Or to leave comments and/or concerns here, I'm happy to respond in either
place...)

Note that this would *not* remove the flag, so the old infrastructure would
remain available and a flag away for some time.

-Chandler