[cfe-dev] Lambdas and the ABI?

Chandler Carruth via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 21 12:23:20 PDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 6:06 PM Hal Finkel via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 03/21/2017 08:45 AM, Hubert Tong wrote:
>
> This question was explored in an other context here:
> http://sourcerytools.com/pipermail/cxx-abi-dev/2013-January/002544.html
>

> Very interesting, thanks! So the conclusion was that, " The ABI will need
> to specify the layout of closure types with weak linkage."

Are you basing that on what the document does or the discussion in the
thread? Because I don't really see a conclusion in the thread. I see John
pointing out three options and suggestion one which is not what you claim
is the conclusion here:
http://sourcerytools.com/pipermail/cxx-abi-dev/2013-January/002544.html

I don't see any real disagreement but I also don't see any real discussion
past that email and brief follow-ups....