[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Sharing MemoryBuffers between front ends and LLVM

Mehdi Amini via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 16 17:36:14 PDT 2017

> On Mar 16, 2017, at 5:27 PM, Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:
>

> On 03/16/2017 06:22 PM, Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev wrote:
>>> On Mar 16, 2017, at 10:29 AM, Roger Ferrer Ibanez via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org <mailto:llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm implementing interleaved source in assembly output. Early reviews raised the concern
>> Is there a patch up for review?
>
> https://reviews.llvm.org/D30898 <https://reviews.llvm.org/D30898>
> https://reviews.llvm.org/D30897 <https://reviews.llvm.org/D30897>
>
>> I’m wondering how is the frontend enabling this interleaved output mode?
>
> I'm not sure this has been really discussed in the review yet (although there certainly is a proposed mechanism in the patches).

I wonder if the most straightforward way isn’t to leave the memorybuffer initialization up to the client, at the same place where the setting is (currently MCTargetOptions, not sure if it is the right place).

To enable the ASMSource option, client would have to call something like  `MCTargetOptions::setAsmInterleavedSourceCode( Mode, Buffer);

—
Mehdi