[cfe-dev] [GSoC2017] Interested in 'Warn if virtual calls are made from constructors or destructors'.

Anna Zaks via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 8 10:48:56 PST 2017

> On Mar 6, 2017, at 1:41 PM, Dong-hee Na via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> My name is Dong-hee Na who is an 4years undergraduate student at Chungnam National University, South Korea.
> I'm really interested in compiler related technology.
> Especially for LLVM project, I am really interested in a topic which name is the 'Warn if virtual calls are made from constructors or destructors.’.
> Also, I have some experiences to contribute open source project include compiler technology.
>
> - Google/Grumpy
> (https://github.com/google/grumpy/pulls?q=is:pr+is:closed+author:corona10)
> - Google/Chromium
> (https://codereview.chromium.org/search?closed=1&owner=dhna)
> - Dropbox/Pyston
> (https://github.com/dropbox/pyston/pulls?q=is:pr+is:closed+author:corona10)
>
> I had also experience to work with LLVM before for compiler 1week term project.
> (https://github.com/corona10/MiniC-With-LLVM)
> One of them was working with Antlr4 and LLVM. So might be helpful to work for VirtualCallChecker.cpp.
> (When I implemented this project, one of the way to use Antlr with Listener which is walking AST.)
> Any staring guide for this project will helpful to me.

This web page contains useful information about writing checkers for the clang static analyzer:
http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/checker_dev_manual.html <http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/checker_dev_manual.html>

Please, take a look. We'd be also happy to have a chat over Skype to answer any other questions you might have about the project goals or the analyzer.

Cheers,
Anna.