[cfe-dev] clang-cl.exe (32bit) dog slow, capping at ~16.5% CPU

Nikodemus Siivola via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 7 09:57:42 PDT 2017

One core out of eight sounds plausible indeed! Never thought of that, more
used to *nix style usage numbers where 1.0 = one core. :)

Did a release build:

    cmake -G "Visual Studio 14 2015" \
      -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:\LLVM \
      -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
      -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=X86 \
      -DLLVM_ENABLE_CXX1Y=On \
      ../

That clang still takes >10s to build a hello-world.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

 -- nikodemus