[cfe-dev] Question about submitting a patch

mateusz janek via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 22 13:37:19 PST 2017

Hello Clang Community,

First of all I want to say 'Hello' to everyone - I'm new to the clang dev
community.

I've a quick question. I've prepared small patch/proposal for change to the
clang-format. I would like to introduce it to you and collect feedback,
review, reject etc. from you. But at this point I'm quite confused because
AFAK there are two ways to submit a patch:
- a reviews site: https://reviews.llvm.org

I've sent both - a mail with patch in the attachment and tried to submit
review (I don't know how it shall be called on this site).
Since there was no response regarding my mail and, I think, I didn't submit
the review properly, I decided to write this mail before I'll try to submit
my path one more time.
Of course, I don't consider myself as some kind of VIP and demanding
immediately response is the last thing that would come to my mind, but I've
been waiting for almost two weeks and that's why I'm writing this mail.

And finally the question I would like to ask: Which way is The Way to
submit patch? Mailing list or reviews site? If it is the mailing list -
should I just wait for the response? Or write the mail one more time?

Kind Regards,
Mateusz