[cfe-dev] C runtimes with PowerPC support for IBM long double?

Nemanja Ivanovic via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 5 13:36:11 PST 2017

Although I work on the PPC back end, I can't say I'm overly familiar with
long double support. But here's what I know...
On Linux, both gcc and glibc fully support IBM double+double format. Clang
supports it as well of course. It'll emit the necessary calls and I think
it does the right thing for compile-time calculations using APFloat.

So you should be able to use clang on Linux without any issues.
Furthermore, I believe compiler-rt should have the necessary support as
well so you should be able to use it on any OS that clang works on.