[cfe-dev] Is there a C++ test suite?

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 26 08:31:14 PDT 2016

So did they commit parsing and sema for c++14 without tests.. I'm too lazy to go look at the llvm testsuite to check..
Nothing gets committed without regression tests. These are in test/SemaCXX, test/CodeGenCXX, etc. There are not always separate tests for each C++ standard revision, as existing regression tests are sometimes appended to, but everything's in there.

 -Hal

However, these are not really in a form you could extract into a conformance suite for some arbitrary other compiler.  Many of the tests depend on Clang features to self-verify.  I am aware of a few conformance test suites but none of them are free.
The libcxx test suite is usable, with some effort, to verify other C++ library implementations.
--paulr