[cfe-dev] compilation db question

Laszlo Nagy via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 29 17:59:01 PST 2016

Hi all,

I wrote a tool (Bear) which generates compilation database. A user feeds
the output into a tool which is using Clang tooling libraries. <
https://github.com/woboq/woboq_codebrowser/> He runs these tools again a
project, which contains .s and .asm files. (These files are compiled as
`clang -x assembler-with-cpp`)

When the .s and .asm files are not in the compilation database, the
codebrowser output is not complete. What I'm trying to figure out here, is
it a legitimate compilation database which has .s or .asm files in it? Is
it the responsibility of the tooling library to ignore/consider those
entries even if those are not real compilations? If that's okay, why
linking/preprocessing is not part of the compilation database too?

Any help or pointer some documentation is appreciated.

Thanks,
Laszlo