[cfe-dev] Maintaining a clang fork

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 10 16:33:33 PST 2016

> On 03/10/2016 12:42 PM, Hal Finkel via cfe-dev wrote:

How often you'll run into a problem depends on (a) what you've changed,
and (b) what other people upstream are working on.  We're experimenting
with a continual-merge bot and observing conflicts 2-3 times a week.
(No hard data on frequency of test failures, that's next on the list.)

Philip is doing things that are much more invasive (from what he's said)
than we do, so I'm not surprised he sees something essentially every day.
--paulr