[cfe-dev] [libcxx] Removing _LIBCPP_TRIVIAL_PAIR_COPY_CTOR option.

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 13 18:44:11 PDT 2016

I have removed this option from in the libc++ in r272613.  I believe it has
no clients.
If anybody uses this option please contact me.

This option was used to turn off std::pair's trivial copy constructor,
instead selecting an older non-trivial implementation.

It was added in r194742, on November 14th 2013. At that time Apple
platforms used this option to turn off pairs trivial constructor. Two weeks
later, on November 26th 2013, the default value for Apple platforms was
removed in r195796.

Defining `_LIBCPP_TRIVIAL_PAIR_COPY_CTOR` will now cause an explicit error
informing the client that the option has been removed. I will remove this
diagnostic after the 3.9 release.

/Eric