[cfe-dev] Clang should natively support fortran

Ed Maste via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 6 09:38:25 PDT 2016

On 6 July 2016 at 04:52, Asiri Rathnayake <asiri.rathnayake at gmail.com> wrote:
> Glad to be of help! :)
>
> @Ed: You said:
>
> "...heavily modified version of LLVM libunwind in NetBSD, which excludes the
> HP unwind interface and requires much less stack space."
>
> May be we should try and get them (stack usage improvements) into llvm
> libunwind? We're interested!

I'm not sure what else was done in NetBSD's version, but I think the
primary reduction in stack space came from dropping the HP unwind
interfaces and non-local unwind support, and shrinking the context to
only what's needed for each platform. I've added Joerg to CC in case
he has other commentary to add.