[cfe-dev] [libcxx] Instructions for building Windows or Cygwin binaries?

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 11 08:21:10 PST 2016

Native Windows compilation using MSVC is very broken and will *hopefully*
never be fixed. Ideally when we *need* Windows support it will only have to
be for the Clang frontend.

IMO Cygwin is your only hope and I've never tried to build in Cygwin. I
would be interested in seeing your patch set if you do try and make Cygwin
work. Let me know if I can be of any help.

/Eric