[cfe-dev] Microsoft Specified LangOpts - don't appear to be working?

Joshua Gerrard via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 4 09:16:42 PDT 2015

Hello,

I'm using clang as a library, and am trying to compile a program that uses
Windows.h. I've gone and set the following LangOptions:

        lo.MSVCCompat = true;

        lo.MSCompatibilityVersion = clang::LangOptions::MSVC2013;

        lo.MicrosoftExt = true;

        lo.AsmBlocks = true;

        lo.DelayedTemplateParsing = true;

This fixed some issues with AsmBlocks and the IUnknown issue (hence the
delayed template parsing), but Windows.h still doesn't compile.

So, I tried setting __STDC__ after reading some things online (Microsoft
made a member of a type called bool ... yeah,
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-dev/2010-August/010174.html), however
this results in yet more issues and it's not clear if my setting __STDC__
caused this.

My question is, am I missing some key step in enabling VC++ compatibility?

Thank you in advance,

Joshua