[cfe-dev] Building llvm/clang from source: 'make update'

Maarten Hoes via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 12 08:40:36 PST 2015

Hi,

Just a quick question about compiling llvm/clang from source on Linux
(Fedora 23):

(Im following the build guide located here:
http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html )

I remember there being, once upon a time, a 'make update' target, that
performed a 'svn update' in all the right directories for you. However,
this seems to be gone (no rule to make target 'update'). Is there another
way to quickly/easily update the entire source tree(s), or do I manually
have to do 'svn update' in all the relevant directories ?

I couldnt find this info on the website, sorry if its in a FAQ or something.

- Maarten.