[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] LLVM IRC channel flooded?
mike at sqlby.me
Wed May 20 22:34:45 PDT 2015
FWIW, my experience with our Buildbot system has taught me that anything
past 500 or so build logs per builder, causes Buildbot to behave very
poorly. Buildbot uses pickle files to store build status results and the
meta information such as the location of the actual text file with the
build and test step stdio information. When Buidlbot loads a webpage (such
as the Waterfall or Console view) it reads all of the relevant pickle files
for the builds it is displaying information for. If you happen to have a
large build history, all of the pickle files are read while the page is
loading. This will bring Buildbot to an almost complete standstill. It's
unfortunate that this information never made it out of the pickle files and
into the transactional backend. Maybe time to start looking for a better
CI solution (if one really even exists)?
On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Chris Matthews <chris.matthews at apple.com>
> YMMV, but I think when I tried this with buildbot 250 was the largest I
> could get per build, no matter how many I told it to keep.
> Sent from my iPad
> On May 20, 2015, at 6:27 PM, Sean Silva <chisophugis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 12:50 PM, Reid Kleckner <rnk at google.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Chris Matthews <
>> chris.matthews at apple.com> wrote:
>> So, I tried to track down what went wrong here, and the oldest build I
>> can find is:
>> This raises a different problem: the buildmaster doesn't hold onto enough
>> logs. That build is from five days ago, and already I can't find the
>> relevant blamelist causing the breakage. =/
> +1, in today's day and age, it's senseless to not just keep infinite logs.
> -- Sean Silva
>> cfe-dev mailing list
>> cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu
> LLVM Developers mailing list
> LLVMdev at cs.uiuc.edu http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the cfe-dev