[cfe-dev] LLVM IRC channel flooded?

Chris Matthews chris.matthews at apple.com
Tue May 19 10:28:41 PDT 2015

If “flooding” is the issue, the only long term solution is to A) have a bot channel that can be flooded or B) curate the list of bots which notify IRC.

A more fun solution would be to have the bots implement a first failure policy for notifications.  We move the bots to their own channel, then have an IRC bot watch that channel for failures, parse the rev, and only notify if it is the first to find a failure at that rev.

I agree that long blame lists are useless and should be removed. URL shortening would add a dependence on an external service which is a new source of failure and trust.