[cfe-dev] Clang version numbers

Nikola Smiljanic popizdeh at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 12:12:58 PST 2015

3.6.1 is a dot release and will only contain commits that community decides
to merge from trunk, most likely bug fixes. Not sure how the odd/even
schema you suggest makes anything more intuitive (apart that it matches
what linux kernel does), users would still have to know about the meaning
of our numbers.

I think the only confusing point is that trunk has a version, not sure if
we really need this? I'd expect -version to just say 'trunk' + revision
number.