[cfe-dev] Clang online documentation in source build or binary distribution

Jonathan Roelofs jonathan at codesourcery.com
Thu Jun 18 10:05:29 PDT 2015

On 6/18/15 10:41 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
> Is it possible to generate the clang online documentation locally, as in
> the user's manual page http://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html or
> even the complete documentation at
> http://clang.llvm.org/docs/index.html, from the clang source code ?

See: http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#local-llvm-configuration

LLVM_ENABLE_DOXYGEN and LLVM_ENABLE_SPHINX enables building the docs for
the internal interfaces and the manual respectively.

> Are the clang documentation pages part of the binary distributions ( I
> do not see them anywhere ) in 3.6.1 for example ?

Docs are available here: http://llvm.org/releases/ I'm not sure if there
is a place where you can download the whole set of docs for a given
release, but they should at least be buildable using those flags (which
might have changed in older releases? I don't know offhand).

Cheers,

Jon