[cfe-dev] switching CLANG_DEFAULT_OPENMP_RUNTIME to libomp

Richard Smith richard at metafoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 11 18:34:49 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Jack Howarth <
howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chandler,
>       It has been over 10 days with no response (3 more than you used
> to justify reverting the libiomp5 default for -fopenmp). What blockers
> remain in current cfe/openmp svn which would prevent the default for
> -fopenmp from being switched over to libomp?
>

>From my prior email these were the steps:

"1) Reach the point where the openmp runtime library can be checked out
into a normal llvm / clang build tree (into projects/openmp, perhaps) and
it integrates properly into the build and builds successfully on various
systems.
2) Update the clang "getting started" documentation to suggest doing this
if the user wants OpenMP support (change
http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html to say what to check out and where
-- no steps other than an 'svn co' should be necessary).
3) Change the default for CLANG_DEFAULT_OPENMP_RUNTIME to libomp (possibly
conditioned on a "is libomp part of this build?" test)."

Step 2 has certainly not happened. Has step 1 happened?