[cfe-dev] [3.7 Release] RC1 has been tagged, Testing Phase I begins

Dimitry Andric dimitry at andric.com
Mon Jul 20 15:20:54 PDT 2015

On 20 Jul 2015, at 23:55, Hans Wennborg <hans at chromium.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 2:37 PM, Dimitry Andric <dimitry at andric.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure if the llvm libunwind you added in r242543 will get picked
>> up during the build of compiler-rt, but that could at least provide
>> *some* form of unwinding library.  It would be better for FreeBSD to
>> just import that wholesale, so we can finally ditch libgcc... :-)
>
> If r242543 fixes it, that's great. Otherwise, feel free to exclude
> compiler-rt or fall back to autoconf (doesn't that need unwind.h too,
> though?) - whatever is most appropriate for FreeBSD.

On FreeBSD, the autoconf build only builds llvm and clang, so it
encounters no problems.  Since the other components still need more
(possibly disruptive) work to make them build and test on FreeBSD, let's
keep the autoconf build for this release.

Ed, are you OK with this too?  We should put some effort in post 3.7.0
release to get the CMake build up to par, especially since autoconf's
days are probably numbered. :-)

-Dimitry