[cfe-dev] LLVM/Clang Maintainers Organigram??

Mikael Persson mikael.s.persson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 11:30:50 PST 2015

Hi LLVM/Clang devs,

Does LLVM / Clang have some sort of publicly-available organigram of its
maintainers? Something like the Linux kernel maintainers tree (
https://www.kernel.org/doc/linux/MAINTAINERS).

I find this to be a pretty big entry barrier for people trying to
contribute or help with LLVM or Clang. It says all over the submission
process description and requirements that patches have to be reviewed by
maintainers, that they can be contacted for help and things along those
lines. But if I'm working on some specific part of llvm/clang, how on Earth
am I supposed to know who is the appropriate maintainer to contact or tag
on patches or questions for that specific part / module of llvm/clang?

It leaves a kind of "private club" impression, where there's a facade of
openness to community contributions with an effective restriction to
"insiders". As an outsider trying to contribute some patch(es), I can say
that the hurdles are too much (e.g., contributing patches to Boost is like
a walk in the park in comparison to LLVM/Clang).

Mikael.