[cfe-dev] RFC: switch default C language mode from gnu99 to gnu11

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Thu Oct 16 13:15:28 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 12:58 PM, Richard Smith <richard at metafoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>  -- Add a buildbot that runs all tests with the default language mode set
> to each possible value

If you're going to do this, I would *much* rather see the test
infrastructure changed so that all are exercised by doing 'check-clang'. I
think it would be really bad to create yet another trap for developers
where tests pass locally but fail on the bots. =/

If its too expensive to do this for *all* tests w/o a standard specified,
we should cherry pick the ones we want to run in all modes and just
replicate the RUN lines with a script.